· This 37 year old gentleman presented with defective vision in right eye of 19 days duration in right eye on 19/2/2010, visual acuity being hand movement in right eye.
· He had central vascularised corneal opacities in both eyes. Left eye vision was counting finger close to face.
· He had total retinal detachment in right eye with early proliferative vitreoretinopathy.
· He underwent vitrectomy, silicone oil injection, scleral buckling and laser treatment on the same day.
· He has recovered 6/18, N10 vision which is very useful and has attached retina.
· This case highlights that with modern gadgets, such cases can also be helped by vitreous surgery.