- Interesting Cases
- Diabetic Maculopathy with Taut Posterior Hyaloid
Diabetic Maculopathy with Taut Posterior Hyaloid
- 55 years old diabetic gentleman was treated with multiple lasers elsewhere for PDR.
- He complained of diminishing vision since 2 months his vision was 6/60p & was diagnosed by primary retinal surgeon as having cataract & macular edema & he was advised eye drops & surgery.
- He came to me for 2nd opinion & OCT was instrumental in correct diagnosis of vitreo macular traction & he underwent vitrectomy & recovered good vision with 6/9 N6
- This case highlights the importance of OCT in all macular problems even though clinically it may not seem necessary.