- Interesting Cases
- Yag laser vitreolysis
Yag laser vitreolysis
- This patient had posterior capsulat rupture during phaco emulsification it was managed by good vitrectomy and posterior chamber sulcus fixation IOL.
- Post operatively there was a residual vitreous strand pulling the iris at 10 O'clock position casusing peaking of pupil.
- This was successfully managed by yag laser vitreolysis.
- It can cause retinal detachment, decentration of IOL if untreated.
- It could have been treated by vitrectomy but yag laser avoided surgery.