A good doctor
I was just wondering what I should write for the first time in my Blog! Since I am an eye specialist with special interest in retinal disorders, I thought I will write about what a good doctor is like? To be precise, if I fall sick, what will I expect in a doctor
- The first thing I feel a good doctor should have time for you.
- He should be in full attention when you are conversing with him.
- He should take active interest in your problem.
- He should have time to go through all your papers of the past'
- He should have a proper examination method, No short cuts!
- He should always use analytical part of his brain to find and do specific tests required for your complaint with rational for it.
- He should be good at clinical acumen and well read with modern science.
- He should know his limitations and should be a good surgeon respecting live human tissues.
- He should be honest and transparent in his dealings.
- He can collect his usual charges but be considerate to those who are underprivileged.
- He should treat every patient as his own close relative.